Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Waffle Monday

Monday is always a slow start day. We've enjoyed a family weekend and we are all dragging a bit. I use the slower pace of Monday's to set up breakfast for the end of my week. My Thursdays and Fridays are really busy, so I prepare breakfast in advance so I know my kids will at least have something warm to eat before they begin their busiest day.

I make a large batch of waffles!
I love this waffle mix. OK, it's really pancake mix, but I usually make the waffles.
I highly suggest this "Krusteaz" brand. I get mine at Costco and my band of brothers go through more than one bag in a busy month.


My minimum batch will yield 18 waffles. Yes, that's 12.5 cups of batter mix, 7.5 cups of water, and 10 TBSP of oil... But it's also at least 3 breakfasts I add to my freezer. (one batch is always enjoyed that day, and 3 frozen for another day)

As you can see, this batch is ready to be consumed!

Does anyone have a terrific "from scratch" recipe? I cannot seem to beat the price, convenience, and flavor of this mix...

No comments:

Post a Comment