Thursday, October 13, 2011

What's For Dinner?

With 5 hungry boys, I hear this question at least 5 times each day. I've learned that once the first son asks the question I need to have an answer and a directive ready simultaneously.
"We are having Spaghetti. Now please go tell all your brothers what's on the menu right now."
This only works if I have already figured out what dinner is of course.

I plan my families meals out a week to a month in advance. I am currently working off a How to Feed an Army: Themed Calendar to simplify the process of planning. This is essential for me because we now live in the mountains about an hour from my favorite bulk stores. If I do not want to spend a fortune on gas or over priced food, I need to be organized.

How about you? How do you plan out this weeks meals for your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment