Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Tip: Tuesday

Remember to be thankful as you busily prepare for the "big feast".
When I was 17 I prepared my first Thanksgiving meal. My father told me on Tuesday that I would be the chief chef for our 30 guests.


I cried.
I begged.
I stomped my feet.
Nothing worked. 

I had to figure out what the heck to do. I asked my dad for help.

He sat me down, made me make a menu, and prepare a time line for my big day in the kitchen. In the end, I made a great meal. Almost everything was warm all at the same time, and I felt really proud of myself.

Tuesday is a great day to write out your plan of attack.
  • Write down your checklist of meals. 
  • Figure out when you need to begin cooking each item in order for it to hit the table just right. 
  • Decide when you will do any preparation. (For example, I peel potatoes the day before and store them in the refrigerator in a bag or bowl of water).
  • Create your master schedule. This piece of paper is magical for those who have never tackled such a complicated meal. It saves me every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment