Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Tip: Wednesday

Short and sweet.

Today is the day to go find which serving dishes you will use. 
Pair and match the correct spoons and utensils too.
Wash, dry, and set these aside. (Use paper plates today)
I also add a piece of paper in or on each day that indicates which food goes in what dish. **This is huge. Before I used to do this I was frantic at serving time.


Turkey Tip for tomorrow:
I create my own spicy/  flavor filled butter. 
Every year its different, but delicious.
Do this as you prepare to dress your turkey for baking.

  • Add more butter than you care to confess to adding into a zip-lock bag.
  • Dump in your favorite spices. ( I use thyme, salt and pepper, sage, zest of lemon, and anything else I think will taste great)
  • Squish everything together until its well mixed.
  • smear all the butter to the bottom of the bag and roll it into a tube shape.
  • freeze for about 20-30 minutes.

Carefully put your hand in between the turkey breast meat and the skin.
Your goal is to gently lift the skin without tearing it. It's quite easy.
Wash your hands.
Remove the butter wheel from the freezer and cut the bag away.
Cut butter into tabs and place in between the turkey skin and breast. The butter will flavor the meat as it roasts... Heavenly!

Table Setting:
You probably have this predetermined, but I always forget I have to decorate my table. You would think I would remember this sooner.
Set your table as soon as you can insure no one will mess it:).
Plan your place setting, centerpiece, and decorations in advance.
Consider adding place cards just for fun (even if its just you and your hubby!)
You can find thousands of ideas online. Here are just a few cute ones I just found.




Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment