Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Time to Simplify

School began for my family in mid-August. It's amazing how school can throw a monkey wrench in my ability to put home cooked meals on the table. I have 5 boys, ranging in age from 7 to 19 and they are always hungry. My survival plan?

Currently I am running a super simple menu. The busier life gets, the more I stream line meals. I still double and freeze meals all the time. I highly recommend you do the same. These bags of prepared food in my freezer have saved me many times already this year. Just tonight we enjoyed spaghetti and meatballs because I had a bag of frozen meatballs in my freezer! I knew it would be a very busy day so I threw them in the crock pot with a simple sauce and forgot about dinner until about 5:00. Crock pot + one big pot of boiling water and dinner was ready in no time.

Here's my super simple meal plan for September:
  • Sunday: Italian (spaghetti)
  • Monday: Sayler Soup
  • Tuesday: "Taco Tuesday"
  • Wednesday: "Whatever Wednesday (Leftovers or whatever I can whip up)
  • Thursday: Tortilla Soup topped with chips and shredded cheese
  • Friday: Homemade Pizza
  • Saturday: Roast
This is a rinse and repeat menu. Eventually school will slow down a bit and add some more variety, but this works for me right now!

Do you have a weekly menu? I'd love to hear about your favourite meal of the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment